Thursday, May 24, 2012

Shaq for GM?




So there were reports out there that Shaquille Oneal was interested in being the next GM for the Orlando Magic. Well, that didnt last long at all. Shaq is no longer interested in the job. Shaq is currently an NBA analyst for TNT. He sits along side Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, and Ernie Johnson. O'Neal played for the Magic from 1992-96 and led the team to the NBA Finals in 1995. When asked about the GM vacancy in Orlando Shaq said,

"When I first heard about the vacancy for the Orlando Magic general manager position, I was clearly intrigued. I was drafted by the Magic, I have a great love for the franchise, and I have made the city of Orlando my home. Additionally, I have great admiration and respect for the DeVos family. However, this is not a job I have an interest in pursuing. I feel very fortunate to be with TNT and to have the best job in sports. I look forward to many more years with Charles, Kenny, and E.J. I wish the best for the Magic and I am confident that they will select a great GM and coach."

No comments:

Post a Comment